YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THIS SITE AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE TRANSFER OF DATA FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS LESS STRINGENT LAWS, AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
The Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. When Users identify themselves as under 13, we will take steps to remove that User’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the User from utilizing the Site and the Services.
How We Collect Information.
We receive and store information you voluntarily provide to us (either through the Site or in some other way). When you register with us to create an “Account”, we require you to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address, zipcode and birth date. You may choose as part of certain Services to provide additional Personal Information. When you create an Account, you will also be asked to create an User Name and password.
When you register as a Player, we may ask you for information about you interests and hobbies. We also collect your watching and playing history.
Your User Name is displayed when you play a Game, in our score lists, to other Game Players as part of updates during a Game, and when you post on our discussion forums. We will also display the User Name of the winner of a Game on our Site and on other social media sites including Facebook and Twitter. Therefore, if you associate your name with your User Name, other people using our Site or Services or those social media sites will be able to personally identify your activities. In addition, we collect Personal Information when you provide it through your participation in our discussion forums. Any information that you post in our discussion forums, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed and available to all Users of that webpage and is no longer private. Other Users of the Site may use that information at their discretion, including to contact you. Please be thoughtful about what you post and make publicly available through our discussion forums. When you communicate with us through our Site or by sending us an email, we may collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us.
In addition to the Anonymous Information that we collect, we allow third parties to collect information on the Site and through the Services. Please see the Section headed Third Party Activities on the Site for information about the information collected by these third parties.
How We Use Information.
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features, performance and support of the Site or Services to you;
- Market our Services and products and those of third parties that we believe may be of interest to you, including through the serving of targeted advertisements, though we will not disclose your Personal Information in doing so. For example, we allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of Users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, if you are interested in football-related content, we might use that interest to show you ads related to football (and to tell ad networks to serve those ads), but we do not tell any advertiser who you are, though the advertiser may learn that you possess certain characteristics based on the fact that you received the advertisement.
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Improve the quality of the Site and the Services;
- Notify you of Prizes you may have won as part of Game play and deliver those Prizes to you; and
- Communicate with you about the Site and the Services.
We also use your Personal Information to contact you and provide you with information that may be useful or interesting to you, including newsletters regarding changes and upgrades to the Services as well as promotional e-mails. By using the Site, you agree to receive this information from us and certain other entities. If you do not want to receive these communications, you can opt out of communications by selecting the opt-out choices in the registration screen of the Site. We may, however, send certain administrative emails which pertain to the Site and Services on a regular basis that you may not opt-out of.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
How We Disclose Information.
We may disclose certain Personal Information:
- To third party vendors who help us provide the Services or the Site, including vendors providing the cloud where we host the Site and Services;
- To our partners and advertisers that provide Prizes, if you are a winner of a Prize;
- To other Players and Users, as you play Games and post on our discussion forums, and on social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter, when you win a Game – but we will only display your User Name and not any other Personal Information.
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction, including to third party vendors, partners and advertisers who may help us enhance or provide the Site or Services or to third parties.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties.
Please be aware that any Personal Information you make available to us on social networking websites may also be made available generally on those websites, including to third parties, pursuant to your privacy settings on such websites. Please be thoughtful about your privacy settings on such social networking websites.
Updating and Controlling Your Information.
If you have an Account with us, you may update certain of your Personal Information on our Site. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and we may also retain Anonymous Information about your use of our Services. Once we disclose some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
We allow third party companies, including Google Analytics, to collect certain Anonymous Information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a Cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.aboutads.info.
We may contract with third party service providers to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. For example, we may use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Site. The information collected helps us learn things like what kinds of customers our Site attracts and what kinds of offers our customers like to see.
iFan has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal Information. Among the security measures taken are encryption technology and, if you have an Account, a login process requiring a password and User Name. If you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of your password, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy was last revised: October 23, 2011.